Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Skinny

You may be asking yourself - Who is this? What is this? Why do I care to read it? Well, I can't tell you if you'll care but I can tell you who and what? I let you decide the why you should care.

Who? My name is Brittney. I am a mom of a ferociously active, so sweet, can be a stinker toddler "sour patch kid" type. I have been with who I call my constant rock and "knock it off" husband for about 10 years. Born and bred Texan, Canadian immigrant and can life be easier seeker.



What? Its a blog (you knew that) about life. Now I know there are many out there about life but mine will be uncensored, non-sugar coated reality. So WARNING I may offend someone  (its hard not to these days) but my intention is in love. I want everyone out there to be able to be honest with each other about the every day in life. Geez, it's to short not to get on each others levels and just be authentic with one another.

I want to start this off with a mom perspective and then we will go from there. By the way, if you have read this far. THANK YOU for sticking with me.. you must have started caring. No one told me that the first night would be the hardest night of my life coming back from the hospital with my newborn. For some perspective, I had cervical cancer before my son was born and going through that first night after the hospital was harder than that! So here is some honesty, if you survive the first night with 20 minutes of sleep, boobs sore and still feeling like a mack truck hit you- I'd say you won. You won because you loved, cared, gave completely of yourself and your normal selfish desires to make sure that baby was feed, changed, comforted, and sometimes just held because you didn't know what else to do. Congrats- your a mom- now it will only last, umm, well the rest of your life. Sorry to break it to you.

I am going to stop there. Two reasons, LONG blogs bore me, so I will not do that to you and don't you want to come back tomorrow to hear more about the mom perspective?

BE REAL. 

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment