Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fit or not Fit

Do you know me? Well if you do, then you would know that I typically only change my hair style or hair color if it there has been a major shift in my life. Good or bad. I generally need a restart or refresh moment and hair is the easiest way to do that without being to drastic. Sometimes I throw a little retail therapy in there but tend to overspend when I do that. So I stick to hair which if you find someone good is a buck twenty or less. 

So all that to say that I told you in the beginning that this was not a blog about dieting it was about moms and being authentic. I am about to throw some diet tips in OH NO LOOK OUT. Stay with me folks. It will be worth it, I promise. I changed my hair about a couple of weeks ago to break into a new chapter of my life. Hence, the "mind, body, soul" post. I believe its time to concentrate on my mommy moments and worry about me for a change. (EEK- is that a bad thing?) 

With  that said, I have started this weight loss journey (No, NO, its not a ploy to get you to buy something, calm down and read) about mid-January with the hopes of getting healthy mostly and weight loss second. I got serious about it though. Found good friends to encourage and keep me accountable. Changed some food habits (not crazy though, I still eat ice cream) and started seeing a dietitian. 



I want to say the POINT IS: it is okay to think about you when it betters others. I am getting healthy for my son and husband. I want to be desirable (already am to him but for me) and I want to be able to run around a playground without dying. Seriously, that kid can run. Geesh! It is about making sure I can live to retirement. With so many medical issues in my family history , I have to super conscious about what I do with mine to ensure that I am a part of this world as long as I am supposed to be here. 

So people, adding avocado to your toast in the morning or eating a granola bar for a snack- will not kill you. SHOCKER. True statement- they are actually good and not that expensive if you buy in bulk. THANK YOU COSTCO. 

Until next time....

BE  REAL. 

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment