Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Fiber and Protein

Hey Yall!
First of all thank you to all my readers who have stuck with me in this journey. I do this because its a way to express the joys, the struggles and the small quirks of life. Its good to twll others what you are experiencing. You would be surprised how many people are feeling the same exact way. So today I am going to post about lifestyle changes with diet.

So I have started seeing this dietician. And I have to be honest, I only started going because well Insurance in Canada covers it...which is shocking next to the states. I am thankful for a company who sees it as important to include it. But then as I started going to the appointments you begin to do what we all do with anything new which is try it out and when it starts working its worth while to you.

My dietician asked me this last week and I loved the concept, "can I do this the next 4 years of my life?"

I will let that sink in. I had to marinate on it. Can I truly make the changes she is suggesting for the next 4 years? Ok so its not a diet its going to be a part of my life. Ok its not for just weight loss, its for ...ever.

Maybe that is only a foreign concept to me but it was an eye opener. She suggested I add protien, fiber and a healthy fat to meals...ummm what does that mean. She didn't hesitate to provide me literature to help. The key factor is find something that works for you. I can remember protien and fiber with every meal and I can do that for the next four years. Ha!

POINT IS: Make a change that benefits you and those dear to you.

Until next time...

BE REAL

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment