Sunday, September 10, 2017

I miss him.

As I approach my son's 4th birthday tomorrow and had the  chance to stay home the first day of kindergarten; the mom guilt sets in and hard.

When I took the day off for his first day of Junior Kindergarten, I thought this is crazy. Why a whole day? So I debated being the working mom that I am between two things- one-show up late  (approved of course) work a few hours and then leave to pick him up. At least I would have worked a few hours and climbed that corporate ladders expectations of me. Two- take the whole day off and just wait for him to get out - thinking to myself - what do you do with that time?

If anyone knows me - I hate to sit around at home - I got bored in week 9 of my 12 week maternity leave. So I asked for the whole day. And it was so worth it. I did realize that all the stay at home mom's must be so sad that the one person they spend all day with is now gone. We all complain or whine  for our mommy moment but truth is when we get it - we don't know what to do. We go out with the girls to talk about our kids or we go shopping and end up buying more for the kids or we think about them while we get our nails done.

So I filled my time with house hold chores and then went out for lunch  (a long lunch with 4 courses). But  the whole time all I could think  is I MISS HIM!

I think this everyday at work and readily distract myself with work to fill the hours to go by faster so it will be 5pm before I know it and I can go get him.

Made me realize how much I love being  his mom.

Until next time

BE REAL

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment