Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lonely or invigorated?!?

Hey People

So I spoke about in my last post that I wanted to talk about the joys and trials of Mat leave.

I mentioned that its way lonelier than I expected. Thats just simple truth. Due to most your friends work during the day or that you cant go out at night...still on mommy duty.  Also you just dont have the monetary funds you had before to just go and do everyday.

Secondly, there is not as intelligent or emotionally stimulating talk as before.  The extent of your conversations, well at least for me with a 5 year old, are who doesn't poop. And then arguing for 5 minutes that everyone poops just to give in that fishes dont because thats what he thinks.

The days consist of telling yourself- yes I will do that chore "in 20 min" every hour after each HGTV show and breastfeeding session. Once you are done breastfeeding, your pumping and then on to breastfeeding again so time goes by. And then the so called chores that you said you would super mom look like they will have to wait until the newborn is on solids. Ha ha

But- not to sound like a debbie downer. Its also extremely invigorating. I get to do stuff like this! I get to work out when I want. Go to a park or on a walk when I want. I went to see the lake the other day in the morning. Most beautiful thing ever.

I get to spend hours with my children who are only small once. It is amazing how they grow during this time. I am comparing everyday my second experience to my first. I am seeing how much I missed surviving the first one and caring "if I was doing it right." This time I could give a shit what others are thinking, what articles and apps say. I am just soaking it in. I am having patience. To quote a good friend- I am picking the hills I want to die on. I even got a compliment from a restaurant waiter on how patient i was with my son. Woot #momwin

Well I have rambled enough. I will fill yall in next week on my fitness journey and we will go from there.

Until next time.

BE REAL.

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment